Hi y’all! Do you ever have multiple events all in the same day? When you have these events, are you unable to go back home and get ready for the evening event? This situation actually happened to me Saturday. I needed a flexible piece to transition from day to night. I was at the park, then I had a kids birthday party across town, babysat my niece and nephew and then finished my evening at dinner with my bestie.
These are 4 tips on how to help transition your outfit from day attire to a night on the town.
1. Jeans can be dressed up or down so that’s always great option to start your outfit with.
2. A simple top can be a perfect transition piece from day to night. It can literally be as simple as a white or black tee. To dress the tee up for an evening out, you can add a cardi, jacket or a chunky statement necklace.
3. Dresses can be multifunctional. Adding casual tennis shoes and a button up shirt that’s wrapped around your waist can help dress the outfit down. Dressing it up is as simple as taking off the hat or button up and adding a choker, statement necklace, over the ankle booties, OTK boots or strappy sandals.
4. Shoes can completely change an outfit. With all the daytime play dates, Chuck E Cheese parties or just letting the kids play at the park… loafers, tennis shoes, flip flips or any flats always are a good casual daytime option…not to mention they’re appropriate for ALL the walking you’ll probably do. Now for evening wear…add booties, over the knee boots, heels or scrappy sandals and you’re ready for a dinner or date.
5. Shorts are always a great option in the summer. To wear casual, you can have a solid tee, cut offs and tennis shoes. To transition to a night on the town you can switch the tennis shoes for a pair of wedges or strappy heels. Also, you can add a cardi to completely change the look of the outfit.
I hope these tips come in handy next time you have an event that you need to transition from day to evening attire. Much love, Sue
Dress (Wearing size S)
Brown Booties or (Amazon option) Booties
Black Booties (Amazon option) Booties
Tennis Shoes (Go half a size down)
Top Similar Top
Jacket (Runs big size down wearing size 4) Similar Jacket
Pants Similar Pants
Shoes (Go half a size up) Shoes (Amazon Prime)
Similar Statement Necklace
Day Bar Necklace