Hi y’all! Summer is right around the corner. Can you believe it?!? How many of you have trouble figuring out how to stay covered throughout the summer, but still looking cute? This used to be a daily struggle for me. These are my top 5 things I use to stay covered throughout the summer.
As you know it’s really important to keep your skin protected throughout these next few months especially since most people typically are wearing less clothes, which is more exposure to UV rays. I will be 100% honest, prior to being diagnosed with melanoma, I wasn’t as crazy about sunscreen as I am now, I wasn’t as covered as I am now (I even mowed the lawn in my old cheer shorts and a sports bra in the summer because why would I wear pants and a long sleeve top in 100 degree weather…which I do now) and I was never in shaded areas. I’m more aware than ever of the sun and the damage it can cause…I mean my scars are a daily reminder of that.
So, that being said…who says staying covered can’t be cute?!? These are a few must haves that can help protect you throughout the summer months and you can incorporate into your summer wardrobe.
1. Sunscreen is clearly a must have throughout the summer and honestly year round. It is so important to make sure you are not using expired sunscreen since it’s no longer effective after the expiration date.
2. Hats are such a fun piece to incorporate into your summer wardrobe. They’re not only functional by keeping the sun out of your face, but they are one of my favorite accessories to spice any outfit.
3. Rashguards are not only cute, but most of them are SPF 50! There are so many options from short sleeve, long sleeve and crop top options. I have to admit, after ALL the food, a rashguard is really nice to cover up my belly. lol, but really.
4. Kimonos are my favorite piece to add a layer of coverage and can completely spice up your swimsuit. The nice thing about a kimono is how flexible it can be.
5. Sunglasses are always a must have for summer. There are so many fun options and I love that they not only provide your eyes protection, but they can bring out your personality with all the fun options out there.
6. (I know this is #6, but I couldn’t resist!) Sandals are a must in the summer. Not only can they jazz up your outfit, but there are so many fun options to choose from.
Options under $25
I hope you like these options to help protect you from the sun over the next few months! Much love, Sue